- Test your skills in Algebra,
Geometry, and Trigonometry. br>
- Participate in a fun math activity.
- Participate in the Sooner Math Bowl.
- Compete for spot prizes.
- Solve challenging puzzles.
- Meet students from all over Oklahoma.
- Chat with OU's math faculty and students.
- Cheer your team, learn some math,
and listen to our exciting guest speaker.
- Registration Form
- Math Day Poster
- Poster with Invited Speaker
- Deadline: November 1, 2011
- Cost per student: $5.00
Note that this year the OU Math Day will take place on Thursday,
November 10th, 2011. It will take place in the
OCCE Forum Building, 1704 Asp Avenue, on the OU South Campus. Click
here for directions (pdf file).
- Math Day will take place at the Oklahoma Center for Continuing Education (OCCE), Forum Building, 1704 Asp Avenue, on the OU Campus in Norman.
- 10:15 -- 10:45 am: Arrival and Registration at OCCE Building.
- 10:45 -- 11:00 am: Welcome Address.
- 11:00 -- 11:45 am: Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Trigonometry tests.
- 11:00 -- 11:45 am: Fun session with Mike Jablonski: Finding Symmetry in Everyday Life.
- 12 noon -- 12:30 pm: First round of Math Bowl 2011
- 12:30 -- 1:30 pm: Lunch
- 1:45 -- 2:45 pm: Sooner Math Bowl 2011 (3-4 students per team)
- 3:00 -- 4:00 pm: Invited Lecture: Tim Chartier from Davidson College will talk about Mime-matics.
- 4:00 -- 4:30 pm: Prizes & Awards.
- 4:30 pm -- Goodbye!
- Note that all the four tests are going to run concurrently from 11:00 to 11:45 am.