The University of Oklahoma Math Day
The 2017 event took place on November 16 and was attended over 350 high school students, teachers, and chaperones.
Thank you to everyone who participated!
Special congratulations to our Sooner Math Bowl Winners, Team Rocket from Santa Fe High School!
The next OU Math Day is scheduled (mark your calendars!):
November 15, 2018
Archive of past Math Days 2001 - 2017
- Test your skills in Algebra,
Geometry, and Trigonometry.
- Participate in a fun math activity.
- Compete in the Sooner Math Bowl.
- Solve challenging puzzles and win prizes.
- Meet students from all over Oklahoma.
- Chat with OU math faculty and students.
- Cheer on your team, learn some math,
and listen to our exciting guest speaker.
Registration and directions
Registration form: click here
- Deadline: November 2, 2017
- Cost per student: $10
- Directions: The OU Math Day will take place in the
OCCE Forum Building, 1704 Asp Avenue, Norman, OK. Click
here for directions. Parking is available on northwest corner of Asp and Kellogg.
- Important: All students must be accompanied by one chaperone per 12 students.
- 10:00 - 10:30 am: Registration in OCCE.
- 10:30 - 10:45 am: Welcome address.
- 10:45 - 11:15 am: Tests.
(There are concurrent exams in four subjects: Algebra I & II, Geometry, and Trigonometry.)
- 11:30 - 12:00 pm: Sooner Math Bowl, Round 1.
- 12:00 - 1:00 pm: Lunch
- 1:15 - 2:15 pm: Sooner Math Bowl, Round 2.
- 2:30 - 3:15 pm: Invited Lecture.
- 3:15 - 3:45 pm: Awards ceremony.
Special guest lecture