The University of Oklahoma Math Day
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
This year's event welcomed over 400 students! Adding teachers, chaperones, and volunteers from the OU Math Department brings that number to over 500.
Thank you to everyone who participated!
Archive of past Math Days 2001 - 2016
- Test your skills in Algebra,
Geometry, and Trigonometry.
- Participate in a fun math activity.
- Compete in the Sooner Math Bowl.
- Solve challenging puzzles and win prizes.
- Meet students from all over Oklahoma and nearby states.
- Chat with OU math faculty and students.
- Cheer on your team, learn some math,
and listen to our exciting guest speaker.
Registration and directions
Registration Form (2 options): online or PDF
- Deadline: November 9, 2016
- Cost per student: $5.00
- Directions: The OU Math Day will take place in the
OCCE Forum Building, 1704 Asp Avenue, Norman, OK. Click
here for directions. Parking is available on northwest corner of Asp and Kellogg.
- Please note: All students must be accompanied by one chaperone per 12 students.
- 10:15 - 10:45 am: Registration in OCCE.
- 10:45 - 11:00 am: Welcome address.
- 11:00 - 11:45 am: Tests.
(There are concurrent exams in four subjects: Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, and Trigonometry.)
- 11:00 - 11:45 am: Fun session.
- 12:00 - 12:30 pm: Sooner Math Bowl, Round 1.
- 12:30 - 1:30 pm: Lunch
- 1:45 - 2:45 pm: Sooner Math Bowl, Round 2.
- 3:00 - 4:00 pm: Invited Lecture:
| "Number Theory and Music: How to build a Fanned-Fret Guitar and a Xenharmonic Keyboard"
Jordan Schettler, San José State University
- 4:00 - 4:30 pm: Prizes & awards.
- 4:30 pm Goodbye!