The following extramural funding opportunities are also available to graduate students:
- Check the websites of the various professional organizations (e.g., AMS, SIAM, MAA) and
the major funding agencies (e.g., NSF, DoD, NSA) for possible graduate fellowships. In particular, the AWM keeps a good list of fellowship and travel fund opportunities.
- Online funding databases, such as the Community of Science funding page, are good places to start looking for extramural funding, including graduate fellowships, travel funding, dissertation fellowships, post-doctoral fellowships, and minority fellowships.
The OU CRPDE office maintains a
list of databases and search engines for
graduate student funding.
- Fatomei Scholarships is a searchable database of various funding opportunities at the graduate level.
- www.PhDs.org maintains a Graduate Fellowships and Grants list.
- There is a good list of Graduate Fellowship Opportunities for Minorities at the SUNY Buffalo page.
- The Women in Math Project at the University of Oregon has an excellent Grants and Scholarships resource page.